My friend says..."You're a Christian, so..."
Don't go clubbing!!
Why?? Its just a bunch of people gather together and dancing together. What's wrong with that??
Don't drink alcohol!!
Why?? For me, its just a drink. Furthermore, there's a medical fact states that wine is good for your health. So, why?? Are you afraid of being drunk and do something stupid or maybe something horrible?? Don't get drunk then. People says "too much of alcohol will damage your brain and your body". Well, everything that is "too much" is not good, right?? So... It can be said that drink alcohol is not wrong, isn't it?? Just don't get drunk...
Don't smoke!!
Why?? They say, "One in two lifetime smokers will die from their habit. Half of these deaths will occur in middle ages". I say, everybody will die in the end. And some more, it's applied for "lifetime smoker". How about a social smoker like me?? And they also say, "Heart disease and strokes are also more common among smokers than non-smokers". Hellooooo??? How about if I eat fast food everyday, love oily and salty food, but I don't smoke??
Don't do tattoo!!
This is even even even more stupid. What?? Do you want to tell me this verse: Leviticus 19:28, "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.". It's important, however, to look at the verse in context. This passage in Leviticus, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israeli-ties. God’s desire is to set his people apart from other cultures. The focus here is prohibiting worldly, heathen worship and witchcraft. God forbids his holy people to engage in idolatrous, pagan worship and sorcery which imitates the heathens. It's interesting to observe verse 27, "Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards.". Well, certainly many Christians today get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans.
In conclusion, I think they suggest you not to go to the clubs, because there's lotsa people drink the alcohol until they got drunk and do something BAD (whatever it is....). About the smoking and tattoo-ing, in the olden days, only those gangster do smoke & tattoo. So... everybody's mindset is, smoke/tattoo = gangster member = BAD. C'mon people... open your mind a bit wider!!
Then, why do I don't to go to clubs, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke and don't do tattoo??
Simple.... because I don't like it.
1000000000000% AGREED!!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete2 jempol
ReplyDelete