Pages

12 October 2009

Pasar Malam Singapore

One thing that I really like about Singapore is the "Pasar Malam". It's a market that's only opened in the evening. It brings together a collection of stalls that usually sell goods such as fruit, vegetables, snacks, toys, clothes, movie discs and ornaments at cheap, reasonable prices. Pasar Malams often open only one to a few days of the week, as the traders rotate around different housing areas on different days of the week. Haggling over prices is a common practice at such markets.

Well, they're having one downstairs nowadays. That's how I stopped by and bought my dinner. I bought (what they called as) "Sharkfin soup" which costs me $2 and mixed takoyaki (prawn, chicken and sotong) which also costs me $2 only. I'm quite sure, when they say "sharkfin soup", it doesn't mean that they really put sharkfin inside. Not even a bit of it. But anyhow, the taste was ok for $2. Even though it was so noisy and my clothes and my body smelled of ’smoke’(the cooking smoke from those Pasar Malam stalls), I dont care. I still love and always wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terima kasih atas komentarnya :)