Pages

09 October 2008

Australia Visa, yoohoo!!

09.10.2008 Australia Visa Granted!!!! Hooooorrraaaayyy.....!!!!

It is always difficult to be an Indonesian passport holder. People will look down on me, because for them, Indonesians are non-educated and lower class people. We need visa to go all over the world, except all those ASEAN countries. I even need to proceed a visa for every single business trip!! So troublesome.

Im going to Sydney next November. And this stupid matter be my obstacle (again!!!). I couldn't apply online just like all the Singaporeans... I had to go there to the Australia High Commision - Queue up early in the morning to get the number - go in and once again, waiting for another number - Go to the officer, talk to them, tell them the story behind my visit to Australia, showing all the proof that I'll return to Singapore, and that I have enough money to pay my food and accomodation there. On their website, it's stated that the process would be APPROXIMATELY 15 DAYS. Stupid. And the other thing was, I must BEG to the officer to return my passport before October 22nd. Because I have this other business trip and I need my passport (for sure).

I prepared all the things that is stated on the website (air ticket, hotel accomodation, bank balance statement, etc)... I try to give as many things as I can. I even asked my boyfriend's personal detail information to convince them that Im capable to go.

What happened this morning... I met this sweet indian uncle. He looked and studied my documents, asked me to pay, asked me to wait for awhile, that he called me again. He gave me the receipt.
I asked him "When is the collection date?",
"Oh, a moment please, I can give it to you now". Then, he stamped my document's with today's date.
Suddenly there he came with the visa and my passport, he sticked on it, and handed the passport to me. "You can collect it today"

...I smiled at him... cant believe my luck... and said 'thank you' for like 10 times....

Anyway, his name is Mr. Kunna. If you are served by him next time. Just remember, he's a very nice guy that able to give you the visa immediately, hahahahahha^^

2 comments:

  1. I think the situation will be a lot different if you're applying from Jakarta.
    Just like Joni with his US visa...

    Pengen ikut ke Sydney,
    Lim

    ReplyDelete
  2. dian, gw apply dari jakarta. ceki2 travel agent semua bilang 10 hari kerja (beberapa travel agent malah bilang jumat jg ga diitung. what?)
    akhirnya gw apply ndiri. gampang kok.. 5 hari kerja uda beres (ga tau kalo sebelumnya uda kelar apa ga, gw baru cek di web nya pas uda 5 hari kerja).. OZ, i'm coming... =)

    ReplyDelete

Terima kasih atas komentarnya :)